Electrical Bid Manager™
We continually improve Electrical Bid Manager through customer feedback and internal ideas. The Extended Service Plan (ESP) or Subscription for your Electrical Bid Manager™ (EBM) includes all upgrades we release. We typically release 2 or more upgrades through the year that includes new features, enhancements to current features, and bug fixes. Learn more about ESP or Learn more about Subscription.
- Improved Pricing Updates: We are researching better ways of updating EBM with EPIC Pricing.
- New Items & Assemblies: Quarterly enhancements to item/assembly database.
- User Interface Updates: Adding look & feel improvements
- Speed and Stability: We continue to work on adding speed and stability enhancements to EBM.
- Email us at email@example.com with any improvement suggestions. Or use our support webform here.
New Feature Highlights
- Added: New items and assemblies add to the EBM database. (11.8 - Build 03.10.21)
- Added: EPIC NetPricer "unpriced items" log file now includes Item # and Distributor.
- Added: New EBM installations now use Solid MC Cable instead of Stranded MC Cable.
- Added: Improvements to Audit Trail.
- Added: Improved the Job Name Search function on various EBM job name screens.
- New items and assemblies added to the Database
- Assemblies added in the following categories: Lighting Control (all versions), Occupancy Sensor Items and Assemblies (all versions), Fire Alarm Quoted Items, and Assemblies with Quote Devices (all versions). View a list of what was added
- EPIC NetPricer "unpriced items" log file now includes Item # and Distributor.
- Customers requested that we include the EBM item # to make it easier to look up items in EBM that need attention from the user. We also added Distributor for users that have more than one EPIC NetPricer distributor/supplier providing pricing.
- New EBM installations now use Solid MC Cable instead of Stranded MC Cable.
- A fresh install of EBM now includes Solid MC Cable by default. Existing installations of EBM can manually update the Assemblies as needed by their company.
- Improvements to Audit Trail
- Many functions in the Audit Trail were recoded to improve the speed and stability of the Audit Trail.
- Improved the Job Name Search function on various EBM job name screens
- Job name search function improved to accurately fine text 'within' the job name, and fix the bug where duplicate jobs were displayed though they didn't exist.
- Edit to Source" function in Audit Trail incorrectly managed Entry #'s.
- In some situations, Entry #'s were not managed properly by EBM when a user invoked the "Edit to Source" function in the Audit Trail.
- Takeoff modules - "Other Items" and "Additional accessories per fixture", and similar options, did not function properly
- In some situations, users were unable to properly add items via these subsections on takeoff screens.
- Bookmark error message comes to the screen upon opening jobs
- This error occurs when a 'bookmark' at the end of a data record is not located. EBM corrects this problem in real-time.
- Random labor/material % factors are added to takeoff entires
- Phantom labor and/or material factors show in the audit trail, even though not entered by the user.
- Job restore would not allow duplicate jobs
- Job restore did not allow more than one instance of the same job.
- Data upgrade did not match correct item components when creating new assemblies
- Assemblies added incorrectly during the upgrade process
- After updating a system with EBM V11.7 10.20.20, the EBM version shown in the control panel for Programs and Features is still V11.5 02.24.20
- The currently installed version is now listed in Windows Programs & Features
- Access Violation error running the Bill of Quantities report
- The program would display "access violation" anytime Bill Of Quantities Material&Labor or Bill Of Quantities Summary was selected from the Reports menu.
- Audit Trail improvements for large jobs
- A customer reported stability issues when working in the Audit Trail. We tested and updated the code to clean up a few functions. The result fixed the customer problem.
- Fixed ability to print a list of jobs from Job File windows.
- There was a bug that prevented the function of printing a list of jobs. We will be looking into enabling a landscape print option in the future.
- Price Comparison report highlighted the wrong lowest price in some situations.
- When using EPIC NetPricer to pull pricing from your local supplier, or importing an EPIC CPF file, the Price Comparison report helps an estimator compare pricing from multiple sources to that of EPIC's Target (average) price. The Price Comparison report highlights the lowest price and we found that the highlighting had a bug with some data sources.
- Items taken off from the Fixture Takeoff module would receive incorrect Entry Numbers in the Audit Trail after using Edit-to-Source.
- Edit-to-Source was discovered to introduce an error in Entry number as seen in the Audit Trail. This was fixed.
Update your Electrical Bid Manager™ Today!
Call us at (800) 258-7752 to update.