Feature Tour: Design/Build Electrical Symbols
Electrical Bid Manager™
Use Electrical Symbols with Electrical Bid Manager and PlanSwift
We recommend this process to use the electrical symbols. This requires Electrical Bid Manager build 041817 or newer and PlanSwift.
- For the item you wish to add to the electrical plan, start from a takeoff module from within Electrical Bid Manager (EBM).
- Once in the EBM takeoff module, hit the PlanSwift button to switch to PlanSwift and start adding while counting.
- As you add/count in PlanSwift, you will see the standard shape. e.g. circle. We'll update this in step 7.
- Stop the PlanSwift digitizer to return to EBM.
- Complete the takeoff in EBM, hit "F2 Takeoff" button.
- Now, manually switch back to using PlanSwift. Find a shape/count for the item you just took off. Change the shape to an electrical symbol by right-clicking the shape, choose Properties. Here you will find the "EBM Symbols" field.
- Click open EBM Symbols and choose your electrical symbol.
Note: You can skip step 5 above and wait to complete the takeoff (F2 Takeoff) until after you've selected the symbol of your choice.
Contact Our Knowledgeable Staff
Our knowledgeable sales staff is available to provide a live Internet demonstration of the software at a convenient time for you.
Call us at 800-258-7752.